*EXPLORE IT 2021 APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN- HURRY APPLICATIONS CLOSE 19.2.21*
The Yes You Can ‘Explore It’ initiative is delivered throughout Northern Ireland by Women in Business in conjunction with our regional delivery partners. Explore It is designed to help you develop your business and understand key themes to achieve your entrepreneurial goals. We will support you through 6 x 2-2.5hr intensive online training workshops which take place in March, followed by up to 8 hours of 1-2-1 Buddy support from an experienced entrepreneur, monthly evening sessions with local entrepreneurs AND NEW FOR 2021, we are also delighted to have 3 specialist digital marketing workshops to help you work out the key digital tools for your business and give you the skills to put them into practice.
- Women with an idea at the pre-start stage (no sales to date). You may have more than one idea and need help to work out where to focus or which is the most viable.
- Women at the low-level trading stage who need more support to turn their product or service into a full-time business.
- Women who may be trading part-time as a hobby or a small sideline and would like to make a living from it.
- Women who feel they may have a good product or service to sell, but lack confidence or business skills and feel they would benefit from belonging to a group.
Explore It is a support programme delivered throughout Northern Ireland, for women at the pre-start or early-stage trading in business. The programme runs from March until June to cover the key areas to make your business a success and address common business challenges. In addition to offering valuable, practical digital support and training on business topics like finance and marketing, individuals will receive up to 8 hours of buddy 1-2-1 buddy support and be given opportunities to network with others within their local area and become inspired by local entrepreneurs. Training will take place across 4 months from March to June as follows:
6 half day workshops on business topics:
- Session 1 : Lets Get started
- Session 2: Getting to know Your Customer
- Session 3: Getting the Marketing right
- Session 4: Marketing into Action
- Session 5: Getting to Grips with Finance
- Session 6: Legislation, Technology and Support
- 3 half day monthly digital marketing workshops (Getting found online, hands-on social media, how to create an advertising campaign)
- 3 monthly evening support and networking sessions with local entrepreneurs
- 8 hours of 1-2-1 Buddy support
- Closed Facebook group for the group to provide ongoing advice and support
Applications for Explore It close on 19th February and there are only 7 places available for each Council area. Explore It programme will be delivered from 16th March until June throughout Northern Ireland virtually.
**Please note you must be available to attend each session in your council area (see below or click here to download a copy of the schedule)
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN! CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION!
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as places may be allocated on a first come first serve basis. There are only 7 places available for each council area (applications close 19th February).
When applying please ensure you apply for the council area you fall within and meet the criteria stated in the application which includes the following:
- Have a business idea and wish to create a business from your idea (the business can be part time)
- Be at pre-start/idea stage (ie no sales yet) OR early stage trading (e.g started in past 6 months or trading a longer time period but more as a hobby or sideline)
- Be able to attend all 6 daytime training sessions (starting on 16th March running 2 mornings per week for 3 weeks- see above for more info)
GOOD LUCK! For more information about each session please click here, otherwise for any other enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org